What We Do
Housing Virginia is a broad-based, statewide partnership of public and private organizations and committed individuals. We believe that all Virginians should have access to high quality, affordable housing in suitable locations.
- Promotes a positive image of affordable housing;
- Demonstrates the need for affordable housing throughout Virginia;
- Supports the work of local and regional housing networks to educate, communicate and advocate for affordable housing;
- Influences public policy and planning to enhance the supply and quality of affordable housing;
- Encourages the development of a supportive administrative, regulatory and financial environment;
- Convenes key stakeholders to advance forward-looking housing policy development and facilitate dialogue on affordable housing trends.
Housing Virginia accomplishes its mission in three ways:
- We inform discussions at the community and policy levels with current, reliable data and information about housing affordability;
- We connect the dots about the consequences of having unmet housing needs by showing how they affect other critical issues like transportation, schools, and health, and;
- We unlock housing opportunities by creating an unparalleled pipeline of housing news and information through its website, blog, newsletter, webinars, and training opportunities.